Promo-LEX Association and European Platform for Democratic Elections (EPDE) are implementing the projects “Consolidating the efforts of civil society organizations in fighting political corruption in the EaP countries” and “Setting up a Civil Society Platform for the Development of Democracy and Voters’ Rights in the Eastern Partnership Countries”. The project activities are financed from the resources offered by the European Union, the Secretariat of the Steering Committee of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum, Embassy of the Czech Republic to Moldova and National Endowment for Democracy.
Within these projects, the implementing organisations plan to organise a Summer Camp for the representatives of different election observation organisations from the Eastern Partnership Countries, European Union and Russian Federation. The Committee of Voters of Ukraine (CVU) are supporting Promo-LEX Association and EPDE in the organization of the Summer Camp in Ukraine, acting as local partners within the respective projects.
The overall purpose of this Requests for Quotations (RFQ) is to select a service provider for organizing a Summer Camp during July 25 – 30, 2016 (5 days event) in Ukraine (Kiev oblast).
Therefore, the following services are requested:
- Accommodation for participants in single and double rooms with twin beds (with breakfast included) in a 3-4 star hotel or other similar facility located outside of Ukraine capital: 80 persons x 5 nights = 400 person/nights;
- Rent of the training rooms (equipped with comfortable seats and tables, projectors and screens, flipchart, air-condition systems and Wi-Fi Internet): one big room for approx. 90-100 people and 4 rooms for about 25-30 people each for a duration of 5 days;
- Rent of translation equipment (only in case it is not included in the cost of the hall rent): 4 sets of equipment with a total number of 80 stations, two channels for translation (English-Russian);
- Meals for participants (preferable served as fourchette):
- Breakfasts – 80 persons x 5 days = 400 portions (only in case it is not included in the cost of accommodation);
- Lunches – 80 persons x 5 days = 400 portions (first and second courses + salad + fruit juice and water);
- Coffee Breaks – 80 persons x 5 days x 2 breaks/day = 800 portions (tea & coffee with milk/cream, fruit, sandwiches, sweet and non-sweet biscuits and pies in assortment, in different combinations);
- Dinners – 80 people x 5 days = 400 portions (second course + salad + fruit juice and water);
- Water for participants in the training rooms – 80 persons x 5 days x 2 bottles/day of 0.5l still water = 800 bottles
- Local transportation services (roundtrip from Kiev airports and/or train/bus stations to the hotel) – 80 participants x roundtrip (prices should be offered per person);
The Request for proposals is addressed to the hotels, touristic companies and event management companies from Ukraine and Moldova that can offer the above mentioned services and ensure the quality of the services by presenting the relevant licenses and certification.
Content of quotations
Quotations should be submitted in a single e-mail whenever, possible, depending on the size of the documents. Quotations must contain:
a) Technical proposal, in response to the requirements included in the service description. The following details should be included:
- Proposed venue. Brief description of the hotel, accommodation facilities and halls;
- Company profile and contact data (up to 2 pages), including lists of clients and other similar assignments;
- Copy of the company registration certificate and relevant licenses;
- Sample menu for lunches, dinners and coffee-breaks.
b) Financial proposal (in Euro), to be submitted strictly in accordance with the attached Financial proposal form. Proposals must indicate prices both with VAT included and 0 VAT.
Both parts of the quotations should be stamped and signed by the company’s authorized person and presented in pdf format.
Instruction for submission of the proposals and addressing questions
Proposals should be prepared in English or Russian languages and submitted by e-mail to both contact persons indicated below, not later than Thursday, 07 June 2016, 18.00 (Chisinau time). The following reference must be included in the e-mail subject line: RFQ no. 18/27.05.2016.
- Contact person at Promo-LEX Association: Nicolae Panfil, Program Coordinator, e-mail – [email protected].
- Contact person at EPDE: Adam Busuleanu, Program Manager, e-mail –
- [email protected].
For any clarification questions, the potential bidders should contact first the project partner in Ukraine – Committee of Voters of Ukraine (CVU); contact person – Natalia Lynnyk, Deputy Director General, Program Director CVU, CDMA (+38044) 2299730, mob. (+38) 0503426123, e-mail – [email protected]. In case of questions that can’t be answered by the project partner, the potential bidders may contact also the above mentioned representatives of Promo-LEX and EPDE.
Overview of the evaluation process and award criteria
Quotations will be evaluated based on the technical proposal and the total cost of the services. The evaluation will be carried-out by an evaluation panel composed of the representative of Promo-LEX and EPDE Secretariat in a two-step process. Technical proposals will be evaluated for technical compliance prior to the comparison of the prices. The following evaluation criteria will be applied:
- Technical responsiveness/full compliance and total price;
- Min. 2 years of experience in the field;
- Acceptance of Promo-LEX and EPDE terms and conditions.
Promo-LEX and EPDE shall award a Service Contract based on the lowest-priced and most technically acceptable offer.
Promo-LEX and EPDE terms and conditions for this Request for proposals
Right to vary requirements at the time of award – Promo-LEX and EPDE reserves the right at the time of award of the contract to increase or decrease by up to 15% the volume of the services specified in this RFQ without any change in unit prices and/or other terms and conditions.
Payments terms – Promo-LEX and EPDE will pay a maximum of 50% of the total cost of services in advance to the event and the rest of 50% upon receipt of the invoices and Acts of service delivery as specified in the contract.
Contracting the requested services – the selected service provider will sign both with Promo-LEX and EPDE/CVU service contracts based on the proportion of the contribution of each organisation to the event;
Fraud and corruption – Promo-LEX and EPDE and CVU are committed to preventing and identifying and addressing all acts of fraud against the organisations, as well as against third parties involved in our activities. Promo-LEX and EPDE applies a zero-tolerance policy on gifts and hospitality. Suppliers are therefore requested not to offer gifts or other hospitality to the personnel of the organisations.
Information about organisations
Promo-LEX Association is a non-governmental, apolitical and non-profit organization registered on 19 July 2002 and operates throughout the Republic of Moldova. Promo-LEX mission is to help develop democracy in Moldova, including the Transnistrian region, by promoting and defending human rights, monitor democratic processes and strengthening civil society. For more information, please visit www.promolex.md.
The European Platform for Democratic Elections (EPDE) was created in Warsaw on December 12, 2012 by 13 civil society organizations supporting or conducting citizens’ election observation in the states of the Eastern Partnership, the Russian Federation and the European Union. EPDE improves the professional quality of the election observation organisations through development and implementation of unified standards and comparable observation methods in Europe’s new democracies. EPDE encourages, trains and defends those experts and citizens who stand up for transparent and equal suffrage wherever it is at risk all over Europe – be it in the European Union’s member states, in the Eastern partnership countries or in the Russian Federation. For more information, please visit www.epde.org.