During the period 19.09.2012 – 19.09.2014, Promo-LEX Association, in partnership with Association for Efficient and Accountable Governance (AGER) will implement the Project “Monitoring justice sector reform for increased Government’s accountability”. The project is funded by the European Union through the European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights.
The overall objective of this action is to strengthen the capacity of the civil society to perform democratic oversight of the reform processes undertaken in the Republic of Moldova.
The project will concentrate its efforts in monitoring the implementation of the JSRS throughout the country by involving a network of 43 national observers. In Chisinau, experts will also provide input on legislative drafts, adopted laws and regulations, on their conformity with the declared reform objectives and European standards.
During the first stage of the project, a Monitoring and Evaluation Methodology should be designed. It will then be applied throughout the project for assessing the progress made in implementing the JSRS.
In this regards, Promo-LEX and AGER request for expression of interest from International Expert, who will, in cooperation with one National Expert, develop the M&E Methodology and a concise advocacy toolkit, which will help the implementing organizations to promote their recommendations among stakeholders.
The international expert is expected to perform the following tasks:
• Lead and manage the mission;
• Design the detailed monitoring and evaluation scope and methodology (including the methods for data collection and analysis) and of the advocacy toolkit;
• Decide the division of labour within the experts’ team;
• Participate in half day presentation and launching conference;
• Lead the one and half day training session on M&E techniques for the observers;
• Submit the final version of the M&E methodology and the advocacy toolkit.
Qualifications of Expert
• Master degree in law, human rights or public policies.
General Professional Experience:
• Minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience in justice and home affairs sector;
• Experience in developing M&E methodologies shall constitute strong advantage.
• Fluency in written and oral English. Good working knowledge of Romanian or Russian language will constitute strong advantage.
• Excellent understanding of the central public authorities reform strategies and approaches, with focus on justice sector;
• Good communications skills with relevant stakeholders;
• Recent previous working experience in Moldova and Eastern European countries is an advantage.
To apply, interested candidates should submit the following documents:
• The technical offer, comprising a concept of the M&E Methodology to be developed;
• Financial offer;
• List of activities/outputs produced previously, relevant to this assignment
For further details, please consult the attached ToR.
The application should be submitted in English at: [email protected]
Deadline for submitting applications: 10 October 2012
For additional information please contact:
Olga Manole, Project Coordinator.
Tel: (+373 22) 44 96 26
Fax: (+373 22) 45 00 24
E-mail: [email protected]
* Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DOC – ToR_International_Expert